Free Pdf Reader And Editor For Mac
- Free Pdf Editor For Mac
- Adobe Reader
- Foxit pdf reader free download — Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, PDF Reader Plus, DeskPDF Reader, and many more programs. Infix PDF Editor (Mac) Free to try Infix PDF Editor (Mac) Edit PDF documents.
- PDF-XChange Editor is another completely free PDF reader for Windows XP and newer. The program interface can be a bit nauseating to look at because there are buttons, toolbars, and side panels all over the place.
Sep 03,2019 • Filed to: Choose Right Mac Software • Proven solutions
Mac users can now easily view PDF files and documents using various software programs available online. Users can benefit in numerous ways from these programs, as they not only allow users to view PDFs, but also manipulate PDF documents and fill simple forms. In this article, we’ll list the top 7 PDF readers for Mac and outline their various features.
Top 7 PDF Readers for Mac
For example, use one to edit the PDF text (if that’s supported), and then put the same PDF through a different editor to do something supported in that program (for example, to edit a form, update an image, or remove a page).
PDFelement is an excellent PDF reader for Mac users. It provides various modes to view PDF documents, and many other options to adjust view and zoom settings. When reviewing a PDF, you can use sticky notes, text boxes, highlight tools, links, drawing and many other annotation tools to edit your PDF.
We have received your inquiry and will respond to you soon.
Please fill in required fields to submit the form.Something wrong, please try again!
Besides viewing and annotating PDF documents, you can convert, edit, create, OCR and use many other features that are integrated within the software. You’ll have an excellent editing experience. You can use this program to edit text, images and manage pages in your PDF document. Signing documents is an easy task as well. PDFelement not only provides the option to add a customized signature image, but also provides the ability to add digital signatures to encrypt your PDF document. Your PDF files can also be converted into various other format files like Excel, Word, PPT, TXT, or EPUB etc. The following features are included in this great PDF reader for Mac:
- Enables users to underline, highlight, or strikethrough text;
- Allows users to view PDF files with different display mode;
- Enables you to edit PDF text while maintaining the original layout;
- Allows you to add shapes to PDF files;
- Supports cropping, rotating, and replacing of images, merging and splitting PDF files, and adding and deleting watermarks;
- It is compatible with macOS10.12, 10.13 and 10.14 Mojave.
We have received your inquiry and will respond to you soon.
Please fill in required fields to submit the form.Something wrong, please try again!
2. Adobe® Reader for Mac
Adobe® Reader for Mac provides a host of affordable features for viewing and editing PDF documents. PDF documents can be created from a variety of sources and edited according to user requirements. Its key features are:
- Ability to create PDF documents from a variety of sources
- Allows editing, sharing, adding comments and different views of PDF files
- Supports scanning through OCR
Adobe® Acrobat® XI and Adobe® Reader XI have ended support and updates as of 2017. This means you will no longer receive security updates, product updates, or customer support. In order to avoid your file and data being insecure due to lack of protection, you should check here to find out the best alternatives to Adobe® Acrobat®.
3. Skim for Mac
Skim is a powerful PDF reader for Mac which allows the users to view PDF documents and edit them in a user-friendly manner. The application can also be customized according to users’ requirements. Main features of this PDF reader for Mac are:
- Enables editing, viewing and highlighting of PDF text;
- Allows snapshots of documents for previews;
- Allows password saving in Keychain;
- Enables full screen preview;
Preview is an extremely user-friendly PDF reader for Mac which has a ton of options for viewing and editing PDF documents. This PDF reader for Mac has the following key features:
- Makes viewing and working with PDF applications easy;
- Enables digital signatures, bookmarks, and adding comments to PDF files;
- Allows customization of preview toolbar;
Google Chrome comes with a built-in PDF reader for Mac which enables users to view PDF web documents within their browser. It allows readers to control various functions of their PDF document with easy to use functions. The main features of this best PDF reader for Mac are:
- Includes the option to save PDF documents from within the browser;
- Enables printing a PDF document from within the browser;
- The PDF viewer can be enabled and disabled manually;
6. Soda PDF
Soda PDF is a Free PDF converter and reader available for Mac OS. You can read any PDF document and browse through catalogues, magazines, eBooks, and any other reading materials in amazing 3D with its top-notch technology. Using Soda PDF, you are also able to review your documents using notes and markup text tools, fill and save forms, copy and search text, and more.
- Open, read, and print PDF files
- Read any PDF file in 3D without converting the file
- Read digital comic book files
- Create PDFs
7. Haihaisoft Reader for Mac
Haihaisoft PDF Reader lets you read PDF files effortlessly. You are able to open a document using your browser, as the ‘drag and drop’ feature isn’t available. It also allows you to rotate pages, view in full screen mode, make a presentation, skip to the first, last, next, or previous page, use the search function, zoom in and out, or create a favorites list.
- Print and Read PDF documents
- It takes up less space than Adobe Reader
- Haihaisoft PDF Reader can be launched instantly
- High privacy and security settings
- DRM-X platform protected PDF documents are supported
Free DownloadFree Download or Buy PDFelementBuy PDFelement right now!
Aug 28,2019 • Filed to: Mac Tutorials
‘Is there a reliable PDF reader for Mac?’
Mac users have a number of PDF reader programs to choose from, including Adobe Reader for Mac and Preview. But if you want a better PDF reading experience, you might want to use a more robust and powerful PDF program. In this article, we’ve compiled the top 12 free PDF reader for Mac tools including PDFelement Pro, which offers more features than a simple PDF reader.
Part 1: Top 12 Best PDF Reader Tools for Mac
1. PDFelement Pro — The Best Alternative PDF Reader to Adobe Acrobat for Mac
As high-quality as Adobe Reader is due to its constant updates and improvements, you can also look into alternative programs that can perform many of the same tasks. PDFelement Pro for Mac, as the best alternative PDF Reader to Adobe Acrobat for Mac, acts as both a PDF editor and reader that provides you full functions for PDF editing and a better experience reading PDF on Mac. This tool lets you add text, images, bookmarks, and more to your PDF. In addition, a user can also highlight text, underline, use strike-through features on the text and crop PDF pages on Mac. Watermarks can also be used to protect your PDF files on Mac. You can even edit and convert scanned PDF files with PDFelement Pro.
Key Features of this PDF Reader:
- Add, delete or edit text, images, graphics, links, watermarks, and more.
- Convert PDF to Word and other formats, or create PDFs from Webpages, images, and text files.
- Quickly mark up and annotate PDFs with various annotation tools.
- Combine or split PDFs, organize pages, and easily fill out PDF forms.
- Edit and convert scanned or image-based PDFs using the OCR feature.
- Easily add watermarks, passwords, and signature to PDF documents.
2. Skim — A Popular and Well-developed PDF Reader for Mac
Skim is a popular PDF Reader on Mac that is tailored towards scientific purposes, although it can also be used to view other types of documents as well. This free PDF reader software is designed to be customizable for individual use, and is handy for notes and previews. The reason why Skim is one of the most popular options is because it includes easy-to-use and visually impressive reading modes.
Step 3: Click on the “ SDK Tools” tab and select “ Google USB Driver” and click “ OK“. Step 4: The Google USB Driver Package should now download and install. https://againtree270.medium.com/windows-reader-for-mac-usb-16cb86de13f.  Step 2: Run Android Studio and click on “ Tools” -> “ SDK Manager“.
Free Pdf Editor For Mac
- Single swipe highlight mode for easy use
- AppleScript support
- Ability to preview internal links
3. Adobe Reader for Mac — A Widely Used Free PDF Reader
You can download Adobe Reader on Mac for free and set it as your default PDF reader. Adobe Reader for Mac is considered the industry standard. Adobe is still a very well respected product on the market, as they are constantly making improvements and upgrades to the program, but there are other options that offer many of the same features at a lower price and without without complicated licensing agreements.
- Fast and easy to use
- Established platform worldwide
- Considered industry standard
- Well developed and supported
4. Free PDF Reader — A Simple to Use Mac PDF Rreader
This is another very popular Free PDF Reader for Mac. It includes many excellent features, and is designed to be easy to navigate and simple to use. The software claims to have 150million users, which indicates a tried and tested package, and offers some impressive features including:
- Multi document viewing feature
- Rotate and Zoom facility
- Exporting and conversion capabilities
- Advanced printing options
5. Haihaisoft Reader for Mac — A Small Size Free PDF Reader for Mac
A prominent feature of Haihaisoft for Mac is its small size at only 3MB ; this compact PDF Reader for Mac takes up much less space than other programs like Adobe Reader (see below). The package covers a wide range of languages and is designed for ease of use, while it is also well supported and has been developed for use on a number of platforms. Interesting features include:
- Instant launch time
- No background net connection for added security
- Opens all PDF documents
- Protection with DRM-X
6. PDFSam — A New Free PDF Reader for Mac
PDFSam is a relatively new release that has been met with mixed reviews. This free PDF reader for Mac is designed for splitting and merging documents, hence why it is called ‘SAM’. Some users report problems while using the application, though generally it is reported to be user-friendly and quick for the average user.
- Split and Merge — (SAM)
- Extract sections as separate PDFs
- Reorder pages when needed
- Compose documents by dragging and dropping
7. PDF Info — An Easy-to-use Free PDF Reader
PDF Info is specifically designed for viewing information stored in PDF documents, rather than actually creating new ones. While it is limited in its operation, it is easy to use and designed in a basic and uncluttered style.
- Easy to install and use
- Quick operation
- View info in PDF
- Very small download size
8. Read Right — A Flexible Free PDF Reader
Read Right is a clever product, designed to tackle the increasing numbers of smaller notebook type laptops. It’s most beneficial feature is that it automatically rotates the screen to fit — book style — on a handheld device, making it much more convenient to use.
- Multiple navigation options
- Zoom control for expansion
- Possible white on black text option for readers
- Returns to the same page after interruption
9. Open Office 3 — A Versatile Free PDF Reader
The latest version of this popular and very versatile Open Office PDF reader is designed for business and personal users to read PDF files on Mac. It includes an impressive new array of features that have been improved and refined. It continues to be one of the leading free PDF readers for Mac on the market.
Key Features Includes:
- Abilityt to import Microsoft Office file types
- Advanced features for note taking
- Chart creation tools
- The ability to export and share spreadsheets
10. PDF Lab — A Well-developed Free PDF Reader
Designed to facilitate the manipulation of documents, PDF Lab is a well-developed and tested platform that is popular with a variety of users. A simple and user-friendly interface lets you use this tool as a PDF viewer. It can be updated through a regular software update, although at times you may have to do manual step-by-step updates.
- Insert images and blank pages
- Create new PDFs
- Split documents into several different files
- Encrypt documents for security
11. Formulate Pro — A Simple Free PDF Reader
This is an easy-to-use and popular program, Formulate Pro does not have a ton of features, but it is a basic and effective tool for amending documents. This tool is not designed for creation of PDFs, but it is certainly an effective reader.
- Open and edit existing PDFs
- Add graphics and other images
- Write using the cursor
- Print out PDFs
12. PDFView — An Impressive Free PDF Reader
PDFView offers a range of impressive features within a compact and easy to use package. It comes highly recommended by many users, and is a great way to read PDF documents. However, one issues is that it is no longer being developed, which means it might not be the best choice for a full-time PDF reader.
- Has many customizable settings
- Fit document to maximum screen size
- Zoom in and out on PDFs
- More features than Preview
Part 2: Troubleshooting on Opening and Reading PDFs in macOS
Many people experience problems when trying to open or read PDFs on Mac. This is due to a variety of reasons, but luckily this problem is usually quite an easy one to solve in just a matter of minutes. Here are the three main reasons why you may have a problem reading a PDF on Mac, and what you can do to solve the problem.
Question 1. Your Web Browser needs Updating
Solution: This is one of the most common problemsthat can prevent you from being able to read a PDF. Not all not all browsers update automatically, and it could be that yours needs a manual update. You can usually run a regular software update, but other times you may be required to update manually through the menu. An outdated browser may be the issue, in which case you may need to update your browser to resolve the issue. You can then make annotations and markups within your document.
Question 2. Your Browser is not Compatible
Solution: This issue depends on your operating system. If you are running OS 10.5 x, as many are, you will find that the later versions of Safari, for example, are non-compatible with your operating system. This will lead to you being unable to open PDFs, as well as a number of other problems. It is recommended that users with this operating system try using Firefox instead, as that may solve the problem.
Question 3. Check the Adobe Reader Plug-in
Solution: This problem also affects many users. If you are opening your PDF with Adobe Reader, the Adobe Reader Plug-in can be problematic, especially if it is an automatic launch when you enter your browser. The trick is to delete the plug-in (just the plug in, not Adobe Reader itself). Try using Adobe Reader as a stand-alone program rather than having it run within your browser, and the problem should be solved. You can also re-install the plug-in if necessary.